Using Azure Data Factory Mapping Data Flows, you can make your data transformations flexible and general-purpose by using parameters. Use Data Flow parameters to create dynamic transformation expressions and dynamic contents inside of transformation settings. The online documentation for Data Flow parameters can be found here.
- To get started, open a Data Flow and click on the Parameters tab
- Here is where you can create and manage the Parameters that you will use inside of your data flows. You have the option of setting an optional default value here.
- You can also create parameters from the Expression Builder.
- You can use those parameters in your expressions to make dynamic transformations. Access the read-only parameter values inside your expressions.
- Use parameters to make the settings in your source & sink transformations dynamic. Make your data flows dynamic based upon values sent in from the pipeline execution.
- Click inside configurable settings fields and you’ll see the “Add dynamic content” link pop-up. Click to launch the expression builder and enter static values or dynamic expressions that utilize your parameters.
- Now that you have your data flow designed with parameters, you can test it from a pipeline debug run. Click on the Execute Data Flow activity and you’ll see a Parameters tab on the bottom settings panel. Click inside the Value to set a static or dynamic value in either Data Flow Expression language or using the pipeline expressions (param must be type string).